Saturday 24 August 2013

September 1999

** Aslan's disclaimer ** for some reason, this post and the next few do not show correctly
and there is an issue with the "word wrap" hence some words are split between lines.
I have tried what I can to amend this, please bear with me, normal service is resumed after
the next few blog entries xx
I've been to see a new vet – his name is Wayne – and he called me “Spud” He said I was 12-18 months old (very accurate for a mere human!) I am a neutered male cat and in good health. I decide I like Wayne, and bestow on him a lot of purrs and a good nosy round his surgery. He then gives me an injection (am not sure I like that) and a tablet. Mum and Wayne discuss my background “he was a stray......” and my new home, Mum is not keen on me wearing a collar (I am definitely not either) as it could get caught up whilst I am out and about – which would be very dangerous....So I am to be micro-chipped instead. I like this vets, and Wayne – especially when he says I am “a fine example of a healthy cat” and, he reassures Mum that the pigment spots on my paws, nose and mouth are not a problem – although I could have told her that if she was able to understand me! A lot of cats think their vets are scary and do not like them, but I have always thought you should, “judge people as you find them”. And from the same “thought family," “treat people as you would want to be treated yourself”
** HOT NEWS ** Dad has fitted a cat flap in the garage door for me (yay... this is even sooner than I thought he would do it according to my “secret agenda”......it is important to “work towards what you want, and know what direction you want to go in”) – he's done a good job, and the internal door is open so I have access to some / most/ all of the other rooms too. It's been quite sunny so I have been in and out of the house and down on the farm. They seem to be working here quite a bit which is nice for the company and to learn more about my chosen craft (I have decided to become the new farm supervisor) but some of the machinery is just so noisy it means I can't hear myself think Will seems quite content to ride up and down fields in a tractor, “woof” to get out, run up and down until he barks to be let back in the tractor. I've asked him what some of the bits of kit do on the farm.. but he doesn't really know –and I suspect he makes a lot of it up himself too.I have resolved that it would be better to learn this for myself!
My Grandma comes round and visits me a lot, she is a lovely person too. Mum's parents are divorced and I see them both. Dad's parents are still together and they both work on the farm so they are often both here when the work is being done on this farm, sometimes their dog Jake comes too, I was wary of him as he is a big, black labrador (huge paws and head) but he is very chilled out and calm around cats – he is not much use on the subject of farm machinery either though – dogs eh?!!
okay so not the best photo due to the shadow of the house, but hey, you know sometimes, I am  just not in the right mood to "strike a pose" at someone else's whim..............this is me strolling elegantly back towards the house....as you can see, I make good use of the cat walk (in both     senses) and am a real "tail-up strolling boy"

No comments:

Post a Comment