Tuesday 6 August 2013


Obviously as this is a blog web-page it shows up as the date it has been uploaded, but since my story starts waaaay back in 1999, I am going to date the posts as I put them on......

Also, I want to share some "life lessons" I have discovered along the way, not in a preaching kind of way, but more as a "good stuff I know and want to share" kind of way.....after all this is my blog (or my Mum's) so I can feature what I want!!



Firstly, a bit about me, I am a male ginger cat and 15 human years old.  Obviously, that makes me a lot older in cat years but (and here's my first life lesson)  "You're as old as you feel, and you should not always act your age"   I have, after all, observed a lot of humans and I notice that sometimes people who are younger than my Mum behave as if they were older, and some who are a lot older seem quite a lot younger in comparison.  Age is after all, just a number or a label, and all animals  would all do well to remember that.  I am a ginger tabby, so the pale bits of my fur are more sand coloured than marmalade.  I have a white chin and green eyes flecked with brown.  I also have some unusual small brown pigment spots around my eye sockets, the pink bits on my nose and mouth and on the pink pads of my paws.  Some cats have this, and some don't, like moles and birthmarks in humans I guess, but I love mine and I believe that they make me more distinguished looking "Celebrate your differences, and the diversity we show"  After all, we're not all the same, so why should we try and comform to a generic type?

2 comments:

  1. True, age is a mere number. You seem quite a beautiful cat with all the descriptions ... Love that you recognized early, 'you are unique' ...

    Now why must I be surprised that you are aware of yourself ... Your confidence comes from the fact that you are a cat ;-)

    Meew :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. why thank you lovely Karthigai ....and sorry for the delay in replying - I have been busy trawling through old photographs and diaries and am ready to do some serious blogging! x

    ReplyDelete