Tuesday 6 August 2013

Continued some more.......just background though!

So back to my story -  I will gloss over the first year because, it was a long time ago and I was very young so I can't recall all of it - and some I have tried to forget.  I was born in 1998 in Northampton.  Mummy said that my furry Daddy was "a posh cat from a big house" and looking it up on the internet and tv much later, I wonder if he could have been from Althorp House?  Perhaps this is why Mum always made a point about "self improvement and bettering oneself".  When I was old enough to leave my furry Mummy and brother and sisters, I went to live with a family in a house on a nice road, but I wasn't there for many months when they moved away and left me behind all alone.

I was so upset and lonely, but I knew I only had me to rely on so I had to get out there and fend for myself.  It was better that it was Spring and early Summer, it wasn't so cold and I could find quite a few places in the undergrowth, trees to hide and sometimes sleep in.  There were plenty of birds and rodents to catch (I know, I know, some of you might find this distasteful but it is a cat's nature and I would have starved if I had not eaten them).  My old house had new residents who did not want me around, but their garden backed on to some more gardens in another road, and then there were further avenues after that, so I had quite a big stamping ground.  Some of the residents got to know me and left me food out which was much appreciated, "Never underestimate the kindness of strangers".  and one or two left their shed or porch doors open so I could shelter if it was raining.  Although I was wary of people after being abandonned, I was honing my ability to judge humans and categorize them into lists such as, "I would like to live with them" and "Don't go within 500 metres of them" and all points in-between.  One of my favourite houses to visit had two adult humans, two small children, a dog and a cat............and it is here that my story really and truly begins

No comments:

Post a Comment