Saturday 24 August 2013

October 1999


** Aslan's disclaimer ** for some reason, this post and the last few do not show correctly
and there is an issue with the "word wrap" hence some words are split between lines.
I have tried what I can to amend this, please bear with me, normal service is resumed after
the this blog entry xx






this is me, posing with a car belonging to relatives of our neighbours -
sadly it does not actually  belong to anyone I personally know myself......
a shame as it suits a cat of my standing don't you think?

Okay, so I have settled in quite well here, I have quite a good routine going, but it is sometimes "invaded" by the farm. This is evidently the "potato time of the year" as in the potato harvest there are some very strange bits of kit about. There is a huge conveyor belt type thing set up in the big shed which is really noisy. The potatoes (boring to me but apparently a multi-functional vegetable) arrive in a tractor and trailer, are moved along the conveyor belt, sorted and either put in a big heap, or bagged up into 25kg bags. This process takes ages and there are people coming and going in and out of the shed all day long ...even Mum helps a bit when she is back from work (but after she's fed me!) I take the opportunity to continue my "rodent watch" and nose round the farm and the sheds - Oh and I'm also honing my knowledge too. When it's cold, or when I am tired, I have a snooze in the straw or more likely, I mosey my way back to the house to have a sleep in peace and quiet!

I have discovered that some relatives of Pam's visit quite often, and they parktheir car on our driveway as it is safer, being off the road.  As you can see,     I like this car very much and it suits me too!  It is much more "me" than the   functional cars Mum and Dad drive, or any of the farm vehicles - Will quite      likes the tractors but I have not yet found one that is really "me"

I have been talking to Will a bit more of late, he might be rubbish and not at all knowledgeable when it comes to farming, but he has told me a sad story   about his brother.  Andy (Dad) used to live in an old farm house here with Will (William) and his brother Gus (Guscott).....yes, Dad is into his rugby and they were named after some rugby players called Will Carling and Jeremy Guscott. 
There was also an adopted stray kitten (also ginger) called Ginger - he lived  with them for about 18 months...when Ginger was a kitten, Dad found that     Ginger's Mum had sadly been killed on the road, so he went looking for the    kitten and took him in, giving him a home.  Shortly before the old farm house had to be replaced with a new bungalow, Ginger went missing (Dad tried hard to find him) and then a few months later, poor Gus was killed on the road too. That meant Will was alone - I felt quite sorry for him and resolved to be more understanding towards him after all......

"we none of us know what other people have to deal with”  
as someone once said, 
if everyone's problems were put in a heap for all to choose from, you would soon grab your own ones back”..
I have discovered that Dad is a great cook and really enjoys cooking – 
he eats meat and  pretty much everything...disappointingly, Mum appears 
to be one of those vegetarians.....but they both cook meat, there is a butcher in the village, and I do often get a sample if it is meat  

NOW I JUST NEED TO PERSUADE MUM AND DAD TO GET SOME VEHICLES      WHICH ARE MUCH MORE SUITABLE FOR A CAT OF MY STANDING TO POSE      WITH - I MIGHT EVEN HAVE TO GET SOME SHADES!

No comments:

Post a Comment