Tuesday 6 August 2013

continued!..............

I have a pale ginger tummy, and darker stripes on the rest of my body, including a dark ginger stripe like a necklace and a very stripy tail.  I live on a farm with two humans, who will be known as Mum and Dad in this story, another cat Riley (much more of her later), and various people coming in and out.  Obviously, this is technically "my house" because, after all, I am the senior cat so I own everything, but I let them think otherwise.  I eat little and often, and vary my current favourites to keep my humans on their toes.   I love my family and enjoy having a "love up or a cuddle" with them, and my hobbies include sleeping, finding different places to practice sleeping, checking my territory at least once a day, supervising Riley and anyone / anything on the farm, and polishing up my stalking and catching techniques.  I might not have an actual pedigree or a certificate, but I am certainly no "common or garden chav-moggy".  I am quite "posh" and I like to live accordingly.  My real furry Mummy told all her kittens, "Self improvement is the key and can unlock many doors"  She didn't just mean actual doors either, I have learnt.

 I used to live in Northampton, but was discarded and abandonned, then I came to live in Lincolnshire in 1999 becoming adopted and loved.  Along the way I have "trained" humans, sometimes this has taken a lot longer than I would have liked,  studied their behaviour, learned a craft (farming and supervising), and enjoyed being an adventurer and intrepid explorer.  I like to keep fit and healthy, and I am gorgeous - Mum tells me this every day - and while I know this for myself, indeed you might even know it about yourself - it is best not to make too big a deal out of it, after all, "Vanity and self obession can appear conceited and off-putting to other people"   So, don't go on about it to others as it could make them feel bad about themselves, and come to dislike you.  Just know it for yourself - I do, I know I am perfect but I don't make a point of mentioning it, or looking in mirrors all the time........to think I used to find mirrors scary and disconcerting when I was a little kitten!

1 comment:

  1. The calm posh cattitude of all cats is in you too Aslan. Humans can learn a lot to be calmly confident about themselves too :-)

    ReplyDelete