Thursday 8 May 2014

September & October 2002

"When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize that friends are my energy"  I love this quote, and I try to find energy from my humans, Will and my other friends ..... and of course, in return, I try to give energy and support to others

That is quite a profound opener for a cat, I know ...but it is true.  So there are a load of bricks at ours that have been bought for a project - of course, this may never actually get started, but in the meantime, they are an excellent climbing frame for me !!   It has been quite busy here, Janet (Dad's Mum) has been backwards and forwards to Grantham as a relative of hers is in hospital, and so John is helping out again - he always has a word or two for Will and myself.

Mum is enjoying her work and seems to be okay with the travelling - I knew she'd be good though (!) - and also, they seem to be having a lot of training on a new (and completely different) computer system - whatever that is - which is coming in shortly.  On the farm, we have a Tata Truck on loan to see if it is suitable, the old one - which is actually very old in age - no longer goes.  I am liking this new truck, and I hope they buy it - it has massive wheel arches which I think, would be great for sunbathing on in Summer!  It is also quite distinctive in tone, so I will be able to ensure I know which vehicle is pulling into the driveway.  Alan (Dad's Dad) has been for an x-ray, Micky (Andy's brother) is doing exams to become a driving instructor, and we are doing potatoes AGAIN !!  It is about time the farm started growing something a bit more suitable for cats - I think - cat treats (or cat nip!) would be lovely!

It is very windy again - gale force winds in fact - and I have had two nights at Barbara's again because Mum and Dad were in Folkestone (that is properly down South) for a wedding....Murphy (Mum's Mum's cat) was in the next pen too and we a lovely chat and catch up - he is a gentle soul - he used to be a scared, hungry, feral cat but by building up his trust, he is a much loved and relaxed house cat now.  Unfortunately, the two cars (Mum and Dad in one, Grandma, Rachel, Andrew and George in another) were delayed coming back from the wedding so we had to borrow a cat carrier from John & Carole (they live near Barbara) and use them for their cats Spit and Spot to ensure that Murphy could be home from the cattery - as the next day, the cattery was full!
It all ended okay though!  Mum and Dad also had a night in Coventry with Mum's best friend Dinah - Pam came round to feed me in the morning, and Grandma came round in the evening - so I had people to entertain...and to entertain me!!!

So here is my latest thought, "How you view the world will determine what you find, therefore, if you look for things that are positive, and also display positivity yours will not be disappointed"

I love this photo of the sky taken from the front room just after I woke up!

No comments:

Post a Comment