Thursday 8 May 2014

July & August 2002

Will is getting back to full health, and the farm is mysteriously "up straight" in relation to the jobs anyway ...well, at least it was at the start of the month

There has been a lot of mending in sheds going on, Mum is busy at work, Dad's Mum has started working at Tescos ( I would not normally be interested, but you can buy cat stuff from there apparently!) Other supermarkets are available though!

I forgot to mention there was a street party at Dad's parents (where the other farm is) last month, Will went but did not have a lot to report, other than there were a lot of other dogs there, and the other farm cats "Ginger, Spice and Moby" were all there too.  However, there has been much crop walking here so I have been out and about checking what is happening - it's really good weather and things appear to going well, weather - wise!

I've also been helping to mend a trailer - it is a wooden potato trailer and it took ages - I suspect this is because everyone else were amateurs - unklike me!  I've been to the cattery again as Mum and Dad had a very late booking to Madeira where they got a "sweet" apparently it is spelt "Suite" - very unexpected......of course, if this was me, or if I was travelling with them - they would be assured of suites and preferential treatments.  Will stayed at the other farm whereas I went to see the lovely Barbara again and then Dad's parents had a week away in the Isle of Wight............

.............and so to harvest time......The Barley combining went well (that is the crop that looks furry in a field) and then it rained, and rained, and rained some more....I do not think that the sheds or the corn stores have ever been more cleaned out and ready!!  And, when it is not raining, then the moisture levels in the crop are just too high - combining only started properly on the 28th August - a bit late I think!

"Better late than never" and "Lie gently in the dark and listen to the rain"  of course, for poor homeless animals and people it is hard and a bad thing, for me, I am okay if I am inside ....I don't think I would have shared this thought with the farmers though

But we're really all celebrating that Will is back to his normal self - yay!


A rare photo of a combine in action this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment