Sunday 24 November 2013

October 2000

Ladies and Gentleman this is my main thought of the month, "Something will always happen, and somethings will always change.  Life is indeed a "mish-mash" and whatever will be, will be. If it is currently difficult now (or "pants" to you the latest lingo!) then you will get through it eventually, and you will  be stronger for it" Okay, I know that is a bit "Zen" but it is something I feel strongly about and it is just too important to be in the main body of this month's update.

So back to what has been happening here:  Something really terrible has happened: Mum and Dad have two "sisters in law" who are both called Rachel.  One is Mum's sister, and one is Dad's brother Micky's wife.  Rachel (Mick's wife) has had some awful news, her Dad passed away suddenly and unexpectedly.  It is so tragic, Mum & Dad get on really well with Rachel and Mick (and Rachel's sister Tippy) and her Dad was lovely.  Obviously, this has shaken everyone up and it has made me realise the value of the saying "Carpe Diem / Seize the Day"

Back on the farm, they have been lifting and grading potatoes again, and drilling wheat.  I have to confess, I have not been out too much - but I have continued my learning from listening and reading books - because it is not only very wet, but there have been gale force winds.  Some of the windows were blown out of the chitting shed (this is the shed where two sides are glass/perspex so it is part shed, part glass house)  Andrew (Aunt Dorothy's friends' son has been back for a week as he is on something called half term, which is a break from school) and the electrics have been finished in the new big shed - they needed some extra lighting apparently.  Speaking of electrics, the winds have meant that there are often power cuts...I did not realise what this would mean, but basically, other than the coal fire in the lounge, EVERYTHING ELSE runs off electric - so when there is a power cut, there is literally nothing - no hot water, kettle, oven, hob, ANYTHING.  Moreover, humans appear to have a real design fault in that they can't see in the dark.  Cats can see in the dark if there is a chink of light (and round here, as there are no streetlights, there are almost always the stars and moon really clearly visible so it is no problem for me, but really - this is a definite evolutionary flaw for humans ..................although, come to think of it, I can use it to my advantage! I especially like jumping on them when they are asleep in the lounge or even bringing in rodents ha ha ha!!

this is me catching a few of the few sun rays there have been this month "it's important for a cat to bag the best sun spot in the house" (and then claim it as your very own!)

No comments:

Post a Comment