Sunday 20 October 2013

May 2000

Wahey!  It is just about stopped raining, but it will take some time for the land to dry out, and also the back garden lawn that forms a good bit of my immediate "stamping ground" (I have to say, I have always found this expression a bit nonsensical - I am a cat (and if I say so myself, a perfectly svelte and toned example of the feline species) so I don't stamp or stomp!

That aside, I have discovered something totally brilliant - I can't believe that I did not spot this last year.  As you know, between my house and the neighbours (Pam and Gordon) there is a large wall which is about 10 feet tall (whatever that might be, I don't claim to understand human's ways of measuring things!) and it from when there was old farm house where my front garden is.  This old house was taken down years ago, so that's why we live in a bungalow now - this is before Mum & Dad lived here, but it appears that there were major issues with the old building so it had to come down as it was not safe.  However, all the outbuildings are all still standing and they are on our side of the wall.  Pam's garden is all enclosed by this wall and a fence, and in the corner nearest us is a shed with a flat roof - and this is perfect for sunbathing - oh yes!  There are a few massive poplars by the side of Dave's field, and one of these provides the perfect climbing post (well it is so easy for me to scale it vertically) to arrive on the shed roof.  I am hidden from Meg the dog, I can listen to the birds singing and going about their business (I am not that into catching birds, not really in to the taste) and so I can have a good, hidden spot - fantastic!  As I have been taught, "Keep you face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows" - I love it here it is fab!  


I've been in and out of the new shed, and the outbuildings - there are a lot of nooks and crannies and old farm stuff stored in them, and there is also the chitting shed - this is a big black tin shed with a lot of perspex windows and panels in, so it is always light in there - this is mainly used for storage now and there are a lot of different smells which interest me greatly.......


Out on the farm, they are still planting potatoes (this is late due to the weather) and rolling the fields with a contraption pulled behind the tractor - this is wheat which was planted in October, and the purpose of this is to compact the land after the frost has lifted it (when it thaws) and encourages "tillering" of the plant which it where it puts out more stems.


In other news, I have invented a fantastic new game called "feet".  This is where I jump on the bed with Mum and Dad and chase their feet which are moving under the duvet.  I consider I am quite good at this, but apparently, if the duvet is not entirely covering the feet then there is a problem with contact with my claws................!!  Still, it is honing my speed and skills at chasing things................! And I will share this thought with you, "Live each day with love and not fear"


And finally, on 31st May, I became a "feline cousin" as Mum's sister Rachel and her husband Andrew have had a little boy called George William.  I will be quite wary of him until he is older as I understand that there will be a lot of noise! But huge congratulations to them, and a welcome to little George


these are "my" outbuildings, and just out of shot is my new sunbathing spot on Pam's shed roof - I am expanding "my" territory all the time (although, obviously it is essential all mine already!)

No comments:

Post a Comment