Sunday 24 August 2014

July and August 2003



It is back to normal on the farm front, no more shed sorting, although it looks a massive space now the corn bins are down and the shed has been "rearranged" ....still it won't take long for them to fill it.  I have been away on my holidays again to see Barbara at the cattery (I love her!) "it is important to take everything in your stride and make it a home from home wherever you are"  Mum and Dad have been away again, but are back in time for the harvest to start (earlier than normal)  

Unfortunately, it is not going well, it is going to be a bit of a stop-start harvest, and things keep going wrong, breakdowns, tractor tyre punctures, rain etc - it is as well to keep out of the way!  I have been entertaining myself down at the Crew Yard (where the cows used to live) as there are lots to things to do, and places to sleep -old trailers, a feeding trough for the cows (I asked what this was called, and Dad said, "Arthur" ....he thinks he is so funny, it is actually a manger, but not one as you would see on Christmas cards.  There are also a few hessian sacks (yay!), rodents and gateposts to make it easy to get up onto the roof (if you are a cat!)  is is an excellent stamping ground to have.

There has been a lot of thunder and lightening, and poor Will is terrified - I find them fascinating myself, but I have helped him out by going to lie under the bed with him, with my head on his, so he can get some comfort.  Poor old Will, he physically shakes with fear.....it is important to help a fellow being out whenever you can. 

not the right time of year, but this is taken about one metre away from "my" Crew Yard (well, it is mine now, I have claimed it for myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment