Sunday 1 December 2013

March 2001

There are still a lot of issues around the Foot and Mouth outbreak and a lot of action happening around the UK to contain this disease.  With the cows at the other farm (or "the Mooks" as they are known, apparently it is short for "moo cows") Dad is doing all the feeding of the cows because Alan has pulled some muscles moving some machinery about it.

Will has told me that it is very wet at the other farm - so much so that Bryan (neighbouring farmer) got stuck in the mud with a sprayer and it took some time and a lot of people to get the sprayer out.  Will says he tried to help and looking at the state of him when he got back to ours, I would say that was true (!) he had to have a bath which he was none too keen on....I think it is fair to say that (some) dogs are not as clean as cats!  But the important thing here is that Will tried to help - "Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible" and "If you can't help somebody, then at least do not hurt them"

There have been a delivery of road planings to our farm to fill in the massive holes in the farm yard and also to provide better standing areas which will certainly help me in my "moseys around" the farm.  The farm records are all being updated on the PC and then emailed to the other farm.  Dad has been spending a lot of time on this, and the new software for it, so I have taken the opportunity to "keep him company" by sitting at the side of the pc or on the windowsill in the study (it is a myth that all cats think that a computer mouse is the same thing as a real mouse by the way)  This is quite good because it means that I get a fresh lunchtime "snackette" - I get food for breakfast and food for tea (I don't normally eat all of it - I am more of a "little and often eating" kind of cat.  I also get some dried food left for me all day (the correct term is kibbles, Dad calls them biscuits for some reason) but when people are here in the daytime I can ounge around for some more ...........I must say Dad is nowhere near as good as Mum at this ..and the training is taking longer than I would have thought!

Mum has been to her school reunion but it was just normal dress - she had a good time - it was in a pub/restaurant called "The Packing Shed".  Unfortunately, she had another do on the same night which was a joint 30th and 40th for two friends (one of which was my friend Stuart as mentioned last month) so she left the reunion early and joined Dad at the other party........there are no weird photos to upload though - and I have looked thoroughly!

Strike a pose!  it is so exhausting updating all those computer records.............

No comments:

Post a Comment